View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
Panasonic Eneloop Rechargeable Batteries 
[APG] Administrator

Post Panasonic Eneloop Rechargeable Batteries
Well recently I've been using some top notch rechargeable batteries that doesn't self-discharge as much as ordinary AA batteries. So I tried out those 4th Gen Panasonic white Eneloop AA 1900mAh batteries but I didn't get the actual recommended Panasonic or Sanyo Eneloop charger for those batteries.

So I bought the Youshiko YC4000 Smart Charger to see if that will perform better. The YC4000 can be used to display and monitor the voltage consumed or the discharge rate is. It can also be adjusted to how fast the charging rate is, but can also reduce the battery's lifespan as it can overheat when "fast charging".

When I fast charged my Eneloop batteries from last year using the YC4000 at 1000mA Charging Mode, it appeared that it had nothing broken or any damages to the batteries. It operated fine on my 3V Meccano Ferris Wheel, my Lego RCX 2.0 Brick and my WiiMotes. However, it appeared after sometime that those Eneloop batteries appeared to had rapidly died - as I've tried to recharge them and used my BT-168 Battery Tester. I'm not sure if that Electronics store had sold me some ancient batteries; which was unlikely as those batteries had superceded the Sanyo Eneloop batteries 4-6 years ago.

So...today I got my 2nd batch of Panasonic Eneloop batteries, but I will test them on a very slow and steady charging rate on my YC4000.

I found this link that could be useful for myself and maybe you guys.

http://www.cameramanfreelance.co.uk/pan ... batteries/

[APG] Clan Leader - #APG-BattleFortress

Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:15 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]