View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Hosting suggestions 

Post Hosting suggestions
Hey, sorry that I have been really inactive for a long while. Too much have been happening.

If someone would know any good sites where I could host my wordpress page really cheaply I would be really interested in hearing your opinions.
For starters I would really want as cheap as possible, but with the possibility to use Wordpress. It would be good if the hosting site would have more advanced plans if I need something more. I'm trying to put up my homepage/blog up and I'm getting fed up with the wordpress.com free plan, but hostgator blue hosting etc, have currently needlessly expensive plans for me.

Are there any cheaper hosts, or do I have to work my way up locally and then up get a bit more expensive host?

My blog: Mechanical Engineer Me

Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:36 pm
Profile WWW
[APG] Server Admin

Post Re: Hosting suggestions
Sorry to disapoint, but i don't know much about that. the only hosting service i ever used was wix.(was a project for my ICT Lesson) Good Luck, though! :)

44 61 72 6b 6d 65 67 61 20 57 72 6f 74 65 20 54 68 69 73

Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:13 pm
[APG] Administrator

Well Peterium, if you see from under our Main Portal page from under "[APG] Recommends:" title, we use OVH as our host as that appears to be the cheapest and best host we use at the moment. Also I take it you are familar with freeforums.org and proboards.com are you? I do know they have very limited features and the freeforums.org can terminate and close your site if its not active enough, if you chose that.

But try OVH for a start. Go ahead try it!

[APG] Clan Leader - #APG-BattleFortress

Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:23 pm
Profile WWW

Oh thanks a lot. I had totally missed the recommended sites there.
Thanks for the tip about OVH it is really cheap, has the features I need for wordpress. Just an amazing find for what I quickly checked now. I need to check how the wordpress process goes. It was some 25 pounds to host my site for a year and get a domain. Other hosts were over 50 pounds per year usually or one site was around 6 pounds a month and starting fee was around 40 pounds.

NiGHTS wrote:
Sorry to disapoint, but i don't know much about that. the only hosting service i ever used was wix.(was a project for my ICT Lesson) Good Luck, though! :)

I actually tried Wix but it lacked some of the features I wanted and hosting prices did not work for me.

My blog: Mechanical Engineer Me

Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:24 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]