View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
[APG] Multilingual Board 
[APG] Administrator

Post [APG] Multilingual Board
I've created a Multilingual Boards for players that cannot write or understand English. Bare in mind that this forums is well cleaned and organised to make our players and viewers easily read and explore our forums - rather than making it look untidy and messy. And senior admins agree not to have too many inactive boards or that will make our forums unorganised.

http://apg-clan.org/forumdisplay.php?22 ... ual-Boards

[APG] Clan Leader - #APG-BattleFortress

Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:45 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: [APG] Multilingual Board
Yeah, this's a good ideea. Nice.

Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:26 pm
[APG] Server Admin

Sounds like a great idea, for those who speaks and understands other language.

Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:56 am
Profile WWW
[APG] Administrator

MASTERFURRYX wrote:
Sounds like a great idea, for those who speaks and understands other language.

We know your Aurora doesn't know much on English except on the Mexican Spanish.

Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:58 am
Profile WWW

Great idea, thanks for putting so much effort in it. It's purgare, and it looks very nice.

Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:27 pm

idk man.. first having a separate forum for members is a negative cuz we can have convos people who arent in the clan will never see so it deters from having more people just BE on the forums and involved.. having a second forum for other languages further divides..

in my experience with forums, openness brings more people than seclusion.

Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:03 pm
[APG] VIP

dragonmonkey wrote:
idk man.. first having a separate forum for members is a negative cuz we can have convos people who arent in the clan will never see so it deters from having more people just BE on the forums and involved.. having a second forum for other languages further divides..

in my experience with forums, openness brings more people than seclusion.

Ya what he said. Hard enough with this site keeping people together never mind separate websites. But hey what ever floats your boat Robocop it is your money and time.

Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:14 am
[APG] Administrator

Well the fact is most of our servers are EU and its likely some players aren't English speakers. Not also I hosted that site for a extra forums but for FastDL and downloads.

http://apg-clan.org/fastdl/

Because if I hosted separate site with a various purpose then it maybe wise to ease the network bandwidth traffic bottleneck if we gonnae gain more players or use our FastDL redirect that would consume a lot of bandwidth: like if we had 28 players in a custom map and they didn't have it - then they are forced to download it from our FastDL from which the consumption will be enormous and may cos a congestion bottleneck.

It is my responsibly to gamble and try come up with ideas to grow our community. Moose would appreciate not to have too many random posts or boards for us to moderate in this current site. Also Emnu seems adapted in our vBulletin site so he can upload the tf2 maps and have a Error Report board in case his maps are broken. Unfortunately this site isn't designed for storing downloads, and those downloads I collected since 2001 - which some are extremely rare can be useful like some of the Ping Boosters and rare wad files are critical.

http://apg-clan.org/downloads.php?do=file&id=100

But you know what I mean if you get used to it. Also it is possible some players who need support based on hardware or software and can understand in their language...

Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:41 pm
Profile WWW

bandwidth?

Quote:
It is my responsibly to gamble and try come up with ideas to grow our community. Moose would appreciate not to have too many random posts or boards for us to moderate in this current site. Also Emnu seems adapted in our vBulletin site so he can upload the tf2 maps and have a Error Report board in case his maps are broken. Unfortunately this site isn't designed for storing downloads, and those downloads I collected since 2001 - which some are extremely rare can be useful like some of the Ping Boosters and rare wad files are critical.

Random posts or boards for moding? Argument invalid

Still don't get why there are two sites...

and ping boosters? o.O

I understand the language barrier, but seriously just make a sub forum on here with said language instead? Having separate sites for things is dividing up the group.. consolidating to one place is best.. if we have to jump ship to another site/ forum im sure the 12 ppl who post here regularly wouldn't mind if it meant A) having only one website to go to for files and conversations & B) staying together

think its great you're trying new things, but i think having too many randoms and too many sites and things is bad. If nothing else, for the cost of it. I mean that one site has vbulletin or whatever that costs money.. just doesn't seem prudent to invest so much on something the members hardly visit..?

Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:50 pm
[APG] VIP

Okay if you are so adamant about this separate board at least have the decency to have a link on the main page or the forum page. But personally just putting in the different languages in different sections of this board/website would have a greater effect on member retention plus having everyone know everyone in one spot would be better but hey I know nothing about clans compared to you but I also have seen what makes a clan successful and to be frank 2 websites and having 24 servers ain't it. Make sub-forums here on this website for the different languages make sure we have moderators that speak those languages so no rules are broken. Btw on this thread here http://forums.firearms-source.com/threads/14927-APG you were pimping the .org site. Now which one do you want people to join this one or the .org? You are making things too confusing please remember the K.I.S.S principle ( the way it is said I am not attacking you Robo) Keep It Simple Stupid. And that is what will make us grow as a clan and as a community.

Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:05 am
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next