Where does your nick come from?

General Chat & Open Discussion
For anything that doesn't belong in the other forums, please try to keep the txt clean as we do have young members around.
KuroRyuu

Re: Where does your nick come from?

Post by KuroRyuu » Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:18 pm

Wow, there are some interesting reasons here! The reason my nickname is what it is, is because I went through a time where I was fascinated with Japanese Culture/Language. So, I was thinking of cool names to make that would represent the Japanese Language but at the same time, it had to be dark. So... KuroRyuu = Shadow (Black) Dragon. Why would I want it to be dark? Just look at the picture below thanks to FireG...

Absol

Post by Absol » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:38 pm

From all i know; 黒 (kuro) solely translate as Black as the color itself and not shadow.That would be 影 (Kage)

As such,shadow dragon would be written 龍 の 影 (Ryū no kage,"no" being used to support an adjective in a sentence.)

Ps:This is all conjectural,as i do not know japanese yet,i only started learning different grammatical rules and little vocabulary.So i could be wrong,but i don't think i am. :P
Image ーアブソル 新月。

KuroRyuu

Post by KuroRyuu » Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:31 pm

█ KillMachine35 █ wrote:From all i know; 黒 (kuro) solely translate as Black as the color itself and not shadow.That would be 影 (Kage)

As such,shadow dragon would be written 龍 の 影 (Ryū no kage,"no" being used to support an adjective in a sentence.)

Ps:This is all conjectural,as i do not know japanese yet,i only started learning different grammatical rules and little vocabulary.So i could be wrong,but i don't think i am. :P

Thanks KillMachine35! I was not sure myself either. You are probably right with my poor knowledge of Japanese. :D

Absol

Post by Absol » Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:57 pm

Do not get me wrong,it is not a bad name you bestowed yourself.

On second note i think it is best to change my profile name to Absol.
This will avoid confusion for some.
Also,i bear this name (KillMachine35) from the day i was 10,when making my first xbox 360 gamertag.
I would like to try to put this time in the past,for I obviously am no longer the kid I was back then.

If it bothers any of you,you might still adress to me as such,but I've come to prefer Absol.
Image ーアブソル 新月。

KuroRyuu

Post by KuroRyuu » Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:02 pm

█ KillMachine35 █ wrote:Do not get me wrong,it is not a bad name you bestowed yourself.

On second note i think it is best to change my profile name to Absol.
This will avoid confusion for some.
Also,i bear this name (KillMachine35) from the day i was 10,when making my first xbox 360 gamertag.
I would like to try to put this time in the past,for I obviously am no longer the kid I was back then.

If it bothers any of you,you might still adress to me as such,but I've come to prefer Absol.

Okay Absol! My Minecraft IGN, blueywaka, I had it since I was 8 but I no longer use it :/

Absol

Post by Absol » Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:06 pm

I feel ya

My minecraft IGN is still KillMachine35.
Markus plz hurry with dat kewl update ;_;
Image ーアブソル 新月。

Gene2142
[APG] Server Admin

Post by Gene2142 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:07 am

█ KillMachine35 █ wrote:I feel ya

My minecraft IGN is still KillMachine35.
Markus plz hurry with dat kewl update ;_;

Oh please my name is in all caps :P anyways shush! Off topic :D
pish posh

Rejacketed

Post by Rejacketed » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:21 pm

My new nick comes from a joke that was made in breaking bad by lydia- she's at the table discussing how the meth is doing at the moment in the czech republic, and when questioned on the purity, she claims 'she's already czeched' making a pun.

+ it's my name on other things.
^^
Forum moderator for [APG] Call Of Duty, [APG] Clan Introductions, [APG] The Garage & [APG] Recruit Votes

"No one misses it more than me. Free to cook anytime, anywhere. No quotas, no one to answer to. What's the point of being an outlaw when you got responsibilities?"

Pouch
[APG] Server Admin

Post by Pouch » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:02 pm

Oh Oh Oh Mine... , Mine is... You know , Other than that my nickname ''Pouchie'' comes from the name of my cat , Wooo I'm so creative xD
Admin of the Gmod servers!

sgt-ryan
[APG] Server Admin

Post by sgt-ryan » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:46 pm

My name sgt-ryan originated back a long time ago in 2005. My dad bought Call of Duty 2 and for our profile names his was deanodeath then I wanted a profile too and he came up with a name for my profile which was sgt-ryan and ever since I have been using the name for mostly everything. I think he came up with the name because he watched saving private ryan which is his favorite movie of all time and that's how he came up with my name :)
The Professional gamer is here :3

Return to “[APG] Open Discussion”