View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
EA Legal team Kills off old Battlefield Revival projects. 
[APG] Server Admin

EA Legal team Kills off old Battlefield Revival projects.
https://community.revive.network/thread ... post-10965

We will get right to the point: Electronic Arts Inc.' legal team has contacted us and nicely asked us to stop distributing and using their intellectual property. As diehard fans of the franchise, we will respect these stipulations.

Over the past 3 and a half years, Revive Network has filled a void in nearly 1 million players' hearts by bringing favorite titles back to life after online services were closed after the GameSpy shutdown. Only a few months ago, we took on the task of bringing multiplayer services online for a fan-favorite, Battlefield Heroes. The public reception for our efforts on this title were massive, and we never expected it to become as big as it was.

At this time, file downloads will be disabled.

This is probably the part where we have to say good bye. Before we leave the battlefield, we would like to thank all of the developers, artists, moderators, and last but not least every single player that helped make all of this a reality. Without you, it would not have become such a great time.

Signing off,
- The Revive Network Team

:x

Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:07 pm
[APG] Server Admin

Post Re: EA Legal team Kills off old Battlefield Revival projects
rip

Dream On~

Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:17 pm
[APG] Moderator

Here's the official letter EA sent, which gives more insight on the situation:

Quote:
Dear [REDACTED],

I write on behalf of Electronic Arts Inc. and its development studio DICE or, in other words, "those guys that make Battlefield."

We've noticed that Revive Network has several projects and websites devoted to being a Medic by :"reviving" older Battlefield games, including Battlefield Heroes, Battlefield 2, and Battlefield 2142. It's great to see your enthusiasm for these titles. Not to brag, but we too get the nostalgia chills when booting up these classic entries in the Battlefield franchise.

We need a favor though: we must ask that you stop throwing down Ammo Crates. In other, more legal-styled terms, please stop distributing copies of our game clients and using our trademarks, logos, and artwork on your sites. Thing is, your websites may easily mislead visitors to believe that you are associated or affiliated with EA, we're the only ones that get to wear the "Official EA" dog tag. Since you're Battlefield community members, we know that you are smart and helpful, and will respect that we must protect our intellectual property rights in the franchise.

Please drop us a line to let us know you're on board with this. Should you have any questions regarding all this, please do not hesitate to contact me via e-mail at [REDACTED]@ea.com.

Thanks,

[REDACTED]
IP Counsel
Electronic Arts Inc.

Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:35 pm
[APG] Server Admin

I wouldnt get too excited but maybe just maybe the project might continue funded by ea?

Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:20 pm
[APG] Administrator

Well my personal opinion for you guys is to start avoiding Activision, EA and maybe RockStar games as they appear to be going steeply downhill as well let your hard worked efforts on those games get incinerated in the Recycle Bin. [APG] was initially based as a BF2 clan as BF2 had great reviews as well using its Ranked Servers, despite that they had a very poor Server FPS or Tickrate of 36 Hz as well requiring PunkBuster which isn't very reliable and players had to manually update PB. Sadly when they released their final BF2 update it was like we were overhyped to expect some key bug fixes and improvement as well smoother gameplay, but that never happened. We were also expecting the same for 2142 as well allowing us to activate our Northern Strike Booster pack, which failed to activate on my 2142 Deluxe Edition I bought 10 years ago.

After our difficulties with EA Games, [APG] had decided to host Half-Life, Source as well as CoD4 games as we seemed to have coped hosting those games. But again Activision had made their CoD4 worse by not fixing the masterserver problem as well EvenBalance Inc instantly dropped support for PB.

Believe it or not [APG] did try very hard for hosting newer EA servers like BFBC2 as well as BF3 and BF4. But from what I've experienced when I was waiting in those [APG] BF servers, it was like EA wanted to autokick some players they disliked for ranting that EA's lame services. Trust me - you best not waste your money and time on playing those EA Online games as well buying their Premium Editions with their BattlePacks. Besides it not fair for players who are in poverty and lose their dignity and self-esteem when they realised they efforts and money had been wasted...like that.

So if you want my advice as I say: avoid Activision, EA and maybe RockStar games.

[APG] Clan Leader - #APG-BattleFortress

Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:53 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]